NICU Care Manager Program
Through this program, you can access a registered nurse who can help if you are anticipating a newborn’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) stay or currently have a newborn in NICU.
The Clinical Care Manager Program can assist members facing a newborn’s NICU stay. A dedicated registered nurse from our team of Neonatal Intensive Care Nurses can:
- Facilitate clinical collaboration with doctors and other health care professionals
- Ensure the member understands his or her benefits
- Address emotional and psychological issues and makes appropriate referrals for support
- Speak regularly with the member to understand both the parents’ and the child’s needs
- Provide education related to the child’s diagnosis and treatment
- Coordinate the child’s needs, including after discharge from the hospital
Each newborn needing NICU intervention will receive follow-up support as appropriate.
Most participants enrolled in the program are referred by their doctor. However, eligible members may also request Care Manager services.