Horizon Care Navigator℠
We know you’re busy — but we also know it’s hard to be your best when you’re not feeling well. Your Horizon Care Navigator can help.
If you or a covered dependent has an acute or chronic health condition, enrolling in the Horizon Care Navigator program (previously, Primary Nurse) can help you achieve your best health. Your Horizon Care Navigator is a dedicated Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield registered nurse who can:
- Regularly monitor your medical situation and work with your doctors and caregivers to help manage your medical needs.
- Schedule regular calls with you to discuss your health and possible ways to improve it.
- Access additional health care professionals, including a registered dietitian and behavioral health specialist, to support your health needs.
- Provide assistance and support for you and your health care providers with discharge planning from acute care facilities.
- Help you understand your benefits and navigate the health care system, so you can get the most from your benefits.
Your Horizon Care Navigator can help you and your covered dependents with various acute and chronic health conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain and more)
- Pain management
Horizon Care Navigators cannot diagnose problems or recommend specific treatment. They are not a substitute for your doctor’s care. Services are not an insurance program and may be discontinued at any time. Always speak with your doctor before starting an exercise program or diet.