Problems can arise once eustress crosses into distress, and everyone handles this process differently. If you're feeling any of the symptoms listed here, talk to your doctor, although distress can cause issues not listed, too. Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey gives you the information you need to help you manage your health.
- Avoiding others
- Feelings of depression, such as loneliness and worthlessness, or low self‐esteem
- Feeling overwhelmed or easily agitated, frustrated and moody
- Having trouble relaxing
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, clenched jaw and grinding teeth
- Frequent colds and infections
- Headaches, upset stomach, aches, pains and tense muscles
- Low energy or loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear, cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Being pessimistic or seeing only the negative side
- Constant worrying, racing thoughts and an inability to focus
- Forgetfulness, disorganization and poor judgment
This information has been created and supplied to you courtesy of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. The information is general in nature and is intended to provide you with an overview of the wellness topic to help you and your family get and stay healthy. It is not intended as a substitute for the professional advice and care of your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or the health of any of your family members, consult your doctor.