NJ DIRECT ZERO
NJ DIRECT ZERO offers the same benefits as NJ DIRECT, but encourages members to use in-network doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals by offering a zero copayment for primary care and specialist visits!
NJ DIRECT ZERO is offered to School Employees’ Health Benefit Program (SEHBP) active members and retirees who are not Medicare-eligible and are enrolled in an SEHBP plan. The plan offers the same benefits as NJ DIRECT, but encourages members to use in-network doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals by offering a zero copayment for primary care and specialist visits!
Members also have lower out-of-pocket costs when using in-network doctors and facilities in the BlueCard® PPO network nationwide.
Out-of-network benefits are included, but at comparably higher out-of-pocket expenses versus other NJ DIRECT plans1.
Members enrolled in NJ DIRECT ZERO can also receive $500 annually if they participate in NJWELL and complete the required activities.
Other features include:
- 100% coverage for preventive services (physical exams, well-child care, immunizations) in network.
- No requirement to select a Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- See a specialist without a referral.
- No claims to file when accessing care in network
- Access to more than 1.3 million doctors, hospitals, facilities and other health care professionals in the U.S. through BlueCard®.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Global℠ Core coverage for eligible services when you and your covered dependents travel abroad.
- Dedicated nurses for additional support in managing a condition or an episode of care..
- Precious Additions®, a prenatal education and information program.
- Online services to manage your personal benefit and claim information.
- My Health Manager, powered by WebMD®, for a range of health and wellness tools and resources online.
Some services require prior authorization.