Horizon Dental Choice
Get comprehensive dental benefits and low out-of-pocket costs with Horizon Dental Choice, the DPO from Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
State government employees and retirees, and certain local government and local education employer groups, can select Horizon Dental Choice (HDC) Plan S for comprehensive dental coverage.
- You must choose a primary care dentist (PCD) from the HDC network. You can change your PCD monthly, effective on the first day of any month by giving Horizon BCBSNJ 15 days’ notice.
- Eligible preventive services and most basic dental services are covered with no copays, maximums or deductible when your PCD provides the services.
- Eligible major and specialty services are covered with affordable copays when services are referred by your PCD to a participating specialist.
- There is no out-of-network benefit.
Find a PCD
Use our Doctor & Hospital Finder to find dentists in the HDC network. Select Horizon Dental Choice as the plan name to find an in-network dentist near you.
Prevention is the best defense against dental disease. Once you’re enrolled, be sure to schedule your appointment for a checkup.
Use the Horizon Blue app or sign in to the secure online member portal to:
- Verify enrollment.
- Check a claim.
- See benefit information.
- View or print member ID cards.
- Find an in-network dentist or specialist.