Health Assessment Instructions
The State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) Retiree Wellness Program Health Assessment is a private and secure online questionnaire about your medical history and lifestyle habits. Responses to the questionnaire help:
- Measure your current health status
- Determine health risks
- Offer a plan of action to help you get and stay as healthy as possible.
Eligible SHBP retirees who are enrolled in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program must complete the health assessment annually by December 31 to stay enrolled in the program.
Eligible SHBP retirees who did not enroll in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program when initially invited or who were terminate for noncompliance must complete the health assessment between January 1 and October 31 to enroll in the program for the following calendar year.
Newly eligible retirees receive a letter detailing how to enroll and remain enrolled in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program. They must complete the health assessment within two months of their retirement date or the date of our letter, whichever is later.
If you haven’t had an annual physical yet this year, complete the health assessment with the information you have available so you meet your deadline. Once you have your next checkup, you can retake your health assessment to update your cholesterol, blood pressure and other health data.
To complete your health assessment:
- Sign in and click on the Take It Now button. If there is no prompt, select the Health Assessment Tool from the Healthy Living tab at the top of the page.
- Answer all the questions.
- Select Save & Continue on each page.
- Select Finalize at the end of each section.
- After each section is finalized, answer the Healthy Changes questions.
- Select Save & Continue.
- You must select Finish to complete the health assessment.
- When your health assessment is complete, your Health Assessment Score and the current date will appear. If the current date does not appear, your health assessment is not complete and will not be reported to the State of New Jersey Division of Pensions and Benefits.
- Print a copy of your Summary Page with the completion date for your records.