Balancing the daily demands between work and personal responsibilities is not always easy. Over the last few months, you’ve probably had to take on more roles than usual — employee, parent, spouse, school teacher and camp counselor — just to name a few. If you’re finding it somewhat overwhelming to balance the needs of your children and work demands, and still find time to take care of your mental health during the COVID-19 public health emergency, you’re not alone.
Did you know that you have access to tools and resources available through your Horizon BCBSNJ health plan?
If you’re facing stress or anxiety, or need help with a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) or other behavioral health issues, the Horizon Behavioral Health program can connect you with care1, including:
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention and mental health treatment
- Online wellness and self-directed therapy tools
- Virtual doctor and therapy visits
- Treatment programs for SUD
If you or a loved one covered under your plan need help, our dedicated care team is available 24/7 to work with you, your family, caretakers and doctors to make sure you get the treatment and support you need, when you need it most. Just call 1-800-626-2212. In addition to traditional, in-person care, the following in-network health care professionals offer virtual care from the comfort of your home:
- Eleanor Health: Call 1-856-378-1368, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), or visit eleanorhealth.com/nj-locations.
- Kaden Health: Call 1-888-885-2336, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 a.m., ET, to speak live with a patient advocate, or visit kadenhealth.com.
- Workit Health: Call 1-609-474-0106, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., ET, or visit workithealth.com.
You can also visit Mental Health America to find printable handouts, worksheets and more to help you improve your mental health.
Maternal mental health resources
Horizon BCBSNJ also offers resources to help you or a loved one when expecting.
Precious Additions®: While pregnancy brings many joys and excitement, it can also be stressful. If you or a loved one is expecting, Precious Additions2, Horizon BCBSNJ’s maternity program offers eligible members information and resources to help parents-to-be during and after pregnancy.
Maternity Health Coach: Our Maternity Health Coach program3 gives you access to a team of registered nurses who can answer your general questions about pregnancy. Members can contact a coach weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET, at 1-888-624-3096, option 3.
Whatever you’re facing, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ) is here for you, now and always.