Cardiovascular Monitoring for People with Cardiovascular Disease and Schizophrenia (SMC)
What is the SMC — HEDIS® Measure?
The percentage of members 18-64 years of age with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder and cardiovascular disease, who had an LDL-C test during the measurement year.
To meet numerator compliance, the following must be completed:
- At least one test for LDL-C during the measurement year
NCQA HEDIS Population Definition for This Measure:
Population: Members ages 18-64 years as of December 31 of the measurement year.
Line of Business: Medicaid
Reference: Initiation and Engagement of Substance Use Disorder Treatment (IET), NCQA HEDIS Tech Specifications
- Order cholesterol (LDL-C) screening tests every year and build care gap "alerts" in your electronic medical record
- Follow-up with patients to discuss and educate on lab results
- Coordinate care with other providers
- Outreach patients who cancel appointments and reschedule them as soon as possible
To learn more about your practice's current HEDIS performance, HEDIS Value sets for this or other measures, or for assistance in compliance with the HEDIS guidelines, please email BH_HEDISTeam@HorizonBlue.com or visit Provider Tips for Optimizing HEDIS Results Booklet.