HEDIS Measure Guidelines for Behavioral Health Providers
The National Committee for Quality Assurance developed Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) recommendations for best practices. Below are tips for you to use to meet HEDIS compliance.
- Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD)
- Antidepressant Medication Management (AMM)
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics (APM)
- Use of First-Line Psychosocial Care for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics (APP)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Substance Use Disorder (FUA)
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH)
- Follow-Up After High-Intensity Care for Substance Use Disorder (FUI)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (FUM)
- Initiation and Engagement of Substance Use Disorder Treatment (IET)
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications for Individuals with Schizophrenia (SAA)
- Diabetes Screening for People with Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder Who Are Using Antipsychotic Medications (SSD)
To learn more about your practice’s current HEDIS performance, 2022 HEDIS Value sets for this or other measures, or for assistance in compliance with the HEDIS guidelines, please email BH_HEDISTeam@HorizonBlue.com or visit https://www.horizonblue.com/providers/resources/guidelines/hedis-measurement-year-my-2022-provider-tips-optimizing-hedis-results
References: NCQA HEDIS 2022 Technical Specs
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).