Cardiology Imaging Program
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with eviCore healthcare to administer our Cardiology Imaging program by using evidence-based criteria and ensuring requests for advanced cardiac imaging meet quality standards recommended by organizations such as the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association and the Heart Rhythm Society and identifying the most appropriate cardiac imaging study based on the patient’s medical and prior imaging history.
Please note that eligibility and participation may vary based on line of business therefore, all providers should check eligibility and benefits prior to performing any services related to this program. In addition, actual benefit determinations cannot be made until a claim is received and is subject to the provisions of the patient’s present contract including any applicable deductible, coinsurance and/or coordination of benefits. Payment is dependent on the patient being an eligible Horizon BCBSNJ member at the time the services are rendered. Authorizations will be affected should the claim submitted differ from the information provided at the time of a request.
- Cardiology Imaging Program Q&A
- Cardiology Imaging Services subject to PA/MND as part of this program
- Code Bundling Rules
- Code Pair Rules Bank
- Review our Standards for Diagnostic Radiology/Imaging Facilities/Freestanding-Office including Surgi-Centers and Diagnostic Dental - Radiographic Imaging
- Review our Diagnostic Imaging Privileging Policy to identify the accreditation required for practitioners and facilities to render and receive PA/MND approvals for cardiology imaging services
- Contrast Agents and Radiopharmaceuticals
- Medical Information Requirements
- eviCore Online Forms & Resources
ANNOUNCEMENTS / UPDATES
eviCore healthcare is an independent company that supports Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in the provision of Prior Authorization and/or Medical Necessity Review (PA/MND) of certain nonemergency radiology services.