Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota: Online Authorization Available
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and Blue Plus (BCBSMN) now accepts Preadmission Notifications (PANs), precertification requests (Admission to Skilled Nursing Facility, Acute Rehabilitation, Long Term Acute Care, Residential Treatment, any admission for a Federal Employee), and prior authorization (PA) requests online at Availity.com.
This new capability supports the Blue Cross roadmap to further enable electronic submissions, improve provider efficiency and ability to self-serve.
Providers can access this tool from your local provider portal and get routed to this tool through the Electronic Provider Access (EPA) router (see below). As providers use the standard EPA flow, they will be connecting to BCBSMN’s new PA Portal developed to streamline the Prior Authorization process.
Providers can also learn how to submit, find and update an authorization in the BCBSMN Prior Authorization – Training Demo once they are routed through the EPA router.
Click Help & Training | Get Trained (Availity Learning Center opens a new tab)
- Go to the very top of the ALC screen, search with the keyword “BCBSMN”
- Click Enroll in the top right corner, confirm you want to enroll and click “Start” to view the training
Accessing Horizon BCBSNJ’s EPA routers
Follow the directions below to access Horizon BCBSNJ’s EPA routers:
- Log in to Navinet.net and access the Horizon BCBSNJ plan central page
- Mouse over Referrals and Authorization and select Pre-Service Review for Out of Area Members
- Enter the requested information and select Submit.
Or, through HorizonBlue.com
- Visit HorizonBlue.com/providers
- Mouse over Policies & Procedures and click Policies
- Click BlueCard Medical Policies
- Select General pre-certification/pre-authorization information
- Enter the prefix and click Go