Update: Changes to the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
At a time that is filled with anxiety and stress, it is more important than ever to focus on integrating medical and behavioral health services. We are pleased to announce that effective March 29, 2020, all administrative and clinical management processes related to behavioral health benefits have been transitioned to our internal operations.
Our internal behavioral health team is fully operational and available to help our provider network care for our members.
We encourage behavioral health professionals to visit the Horizon Behavioral Health webpage for important information you will need to manage your day-to-day interactions with us, including:
- Network Relations contact information
- Claims addresses
- Training and other resources
- How to initiate demographic updates
- Initial credentialing and recredentialing processes
- Medical necessity criteria used to help us make behavioral health care utilization management determinations
As a reminder, behavioral health services for members enrolled in our Medicare Advantage plans have been managed by our internal operations since December 29, 2019.