Support for your patients’ behavioral health needs. Now and Always.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected both our physical and mental health, and created new barriers for people already suffering from mental illness and Substance Use Disorders (SUD). Nearly half of all adults in the U.S. report that their mental health has been negatively impacted due to anxiety over the virus.1 Now more than ever, the need for mental health support and care is clear.
During National Mental Health Awareness Month in May and throughout the year, we are here to help support you and give you the information about the tools and resources available to your patients through their Horizon BCBSNJ health plan.
We are here to help
Our dedicated Horizon Behavioral HealthSM team is available 24/7. If you or your eligible patients have questions about behavioral health benefits, provider access, program support and services, call 1-800-626-2212, 24/7.
The Horizon Behavioral Health team is here to help:
- Support continuity of care for your Horizon BCBSNJ patients already engaged in mental health and SUD treatment.
- Get other patients access to mental health and SUD treatment as needed.
Access to care
Horizon BCBSNJ contracts with over 7,000 mental health and SUD treatment providers throughout New Jersey. Our behavioral health provider network includes a full spectrum of high-quality, evidence-based treatment – from treatment that is delivered in our members’ home communities, to more intensive residential treatment programs for clients with severe symptoms and presentation.
Programs available for members
In addition to our traditional network of behavioral health services, members’ benefits may also include access to additional support programs and treatment options for mental health and SUD treatment, including:
- AbleTo: Horizon Behavioral Health works with AbleTo, Inc. to offer a structured eight-week program that provides emotional support to patients with a chronic illness.
- AbleTo Community Support: An in-network virtual therapy option for members seeking support during the COVID-19 crisis. Members can register for this program at ableto.com/register or by calling 1-866-287-1802.
- MAP Health Management®: Peer support for individuals who are on the journey to recovery from a SUD. This technology-enabled program is available 24/7 and offered to both members in recovery and their authorized support system (family/friends).
- Quartet: The Quartet platform uses technology to help members find the appropriate treatment provider and connects primary care practices with behavioral health providers to improve patient care coordination.
- Virtual medication-assisted treatment (MAT): Members with alcohol and opioid use disorders can contact the following in-network provider organizations for help.
- Eleanor Health: 1-856-378-1368, weekdays. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Eastern Time (ET) eleanorhealth.com/nj-locations
- Workit Health: 1-609-474-0106, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., ET workithealth.com
- Kaden Health: 1-888-885-2336, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 a.m., ET (to speak with a live patient advocate) kadenhealth.com firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call the Horizon Behavioral Health team at 1-800-626-2212. We are here to help you now and in the future.
AbleTo, Inc. and AbleTo, Inc.’s subsidiary, AbleTo Behavioral Health Services PC, are independently contracted by Horizon BCBSNJ to provide remote behavioral health support services. AbleTo, Inc. and AbleTo Behavioral Health Services PC are independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
MAP Health Management® is a registered mark of MAP Health Management, LLC, an independent company that supports Horizon BCBSNJ in the provision of remote behavioral health support. MAP Health Management is independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey or the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Quartet supports Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in the facilitation of behavioral health benefits. Quartet is independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey or the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.