NJ State Police 2018 Annual Medical Examination
New Jersey State Police officers enrolled in NJ DIRECT, the OMNIASM Health Plan or Horizon HMO are covered for one in-network physical each calendar year. New Jersey State Police officers may use this covered benefit to complete the New Jersey State Police Annual Medical Examination requirement and obtain physician authorization to participate in physical-agility testing.
The annual medical examination period begins February 5, 2018 and ends June 8, 2018.
To be eligible for reimbursement:
- All services associated with the annual medical examination must be provided by physicians who participate in the Horizon Managed Care Network. These services are not covered if performed by an out-of-network or nonparticipating physician.
- Some services, such as audiograms, EKGs and Pap tests, may be performed by a participating specialist and, if so, will require a separate appointment. Referrals are required for specialty care under Horizon HMO.
- All lab tests must be administered by Laboratory Corporation of America, Inc. (LabCorp).
- Eligible preventive care services do not require a copayment or other cost sharing when these services are provided by an in-network provider. Members are responsible for a copayment, if nonpreventive care services are provided during the course of a visit (even the visit scheduled primarily for preventive care reasons).
Physicians are asked to complete:
- The Physician Authorization to Participate in Physical Agility Testing form
- The applicable sections of the Annual Medical History form
Please return these completed forms to your patient. He or she will submit the completed forms to the Occupational Health Bureau.
Fees charged to complete the medical forms are not covered under NJ DIRECT, the OMNIA Health Plan or Horizon HMO. The member is responsible for paying such fees.
If you have questions, please call Physician Services at 1-800-624-1110, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Eastern Time.