Medicare Advantage Changes Effective Jan 1, 2014
We remind you that 2014 Medicare Advantage (MA) plan changes, including the elimination of certain consumer HMO and HMO-POS MA plan offerings are effective January 1, 2014.
Beginning in January 2014, primary care practices may notice these 2014 MA plan changes reflected in their managed care member panels and in capitation payments (for those practices that receive capitation).2014 consumer Medicare Advantage plan changes*
The changes outlined below were also communicated in the following news items: 2014 Medicare Advantage Update (posted on September 24, 2013) and 2014 Medicare Products Fact Sheet (posted on October 10, 2013).
The following Medicare Advantage plans are available to consumers for 2014:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO).
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx (HMO).
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO).
The following Medicare Advantage plans are not available to consumers for 2014:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx Enhanced (HMO).
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access w/Rx Standard (HMO-POS).
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access w/Rx Enhanced (HMO-POS).
Members who were enrolled in one of the eliminated Medicare Advantage plans listed above were mailed a notice in September 2013 that advised that their current Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare Advantage policy would be cancelled effective January 1, 2014.
These members were advised that:
- They must "actively re-enroll" in one of our 2014 plan offerings to be covered by a Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare Advantage plan or Medigap plan in 2014.
- If they took no action to enroll in a 2014 plan that they would be automatically enrolled in Traditional Medicare.
If you have questions about your managed care member panel or your capitation payments, please contact your Network Specialist.