Helping you provide telemedicine for your patients
Physicians and health care professionals have significantly been impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency. We are committed to helping you make sure that you can care for your patients when they need it most.
As part of this commitment, we want to provide information that will help you treat your members when they can’t get to your office. Below are a few helpful hints.
Telemedicine for Medicare Advantage Members
- When seeing Medicare Advantage members for a telemedicine visit, you should use a tool that includes both video and audio.
- Please be sure to view our telemedicine policy.
You should capture an accurate record of all telemedicine services performed for Horizon BCBSNJ members in accordance with applicable law, rules, regulations and policies.
- Use modifiers 95, GT or POS 2 when billing for telemedicine services.
- It is important you continue to work to ensure a high level of accuracy and compliance with the most current and appropriate coding practices, rules and guidelines.
- Please continue to ensure all:
- Medical conditions that contribute to the office visit are documented and coded.
- Causational relationships of various comorbidities (e.g., if retinopathy is caused by diabetes) are documented.
- Personal and Family History are appropriately documented and coded
- Medical charts are signed.
We will continue to collaborate with providers throughout the state to find ways to support you. Horizon BCBSNJ is here for our participating facilities, physicians and health care professionals, now and always.