Additional Medications to be Added to Our Medical Injectables Program
Effective May 1, 2017, additional injectable medications will be included as part of our Medical Injectables Program (MIP) administered by Magellan Rx ManagementSM.
Beginning with services to be provided on and after May 1, 2017, Magellan Rx Management will conduct medical necessity and appropriateness reviews (MNARs) for additional injectable medications that are administered in a freestanding or hospital-based dialysis center, an outpatient facility, a patient’s home or a physician’s office.1
Review the list of additional injectable medications.
The complete list of injectable medications that require MNAR as part of the MIP is also available.
If you have questions, please contact your Network Specialist.
1 Medical necessity and appropriateness review is not required for injectable medications that are administered during an inpatient stay, or in an Emergency Room setting or Observation Room setting.
For medical Injectable services rendered in the patient’s home, call 1-855-243-3321 for participating Horizon Care@Home providers to obtain pre-service determination.
Work Smarter with Magellan Rx Management
Follow these best practices to save time when working with Magellan Rx Management:
- Avoid delays in claim processing and reimbursement by always obtaining pre-service MNAR of injectable medications for your patients.
- Avoid time spent waiting on the phone by submitting and managing your MNAR requests through Magellan Rx Management’s secure website, com.
If you don’t already have a Magellan Rx Management username and password, we encourage you to request them today.
- Visit com.
- Click the Providers and Physicians
- Click New User Request Access (within the yellow Sign In section).
- Click Contact Us.
- Complete the required fields and then click Send.
Magellan will respond with a username, password and quick start guide within two business days.
Visit our Medical Injectables Program page for more information.
Magellan Rx ManagementSM is a service mark of Magellan Health, Inc