We know you’re busy–but we also know it’s hard to be your best when you’re not feeling well. Your Primary Nurse can help.
We want to help you to help you achieve your best health. If you or a covered dependent has an acute or chronic health condition, enrolling in our Primary Nurse program can make a difference.
Your Primary Nurse is a dedicated Horizon BCBS registered nurse who can:
- Regularly monitor your medical situation and work with your doctors and caregivers to help manage your medical needs.
- Schedule regular calls with you to discuss your health and possible ways to improve it.
- Access additional health professionals, including a registered dietitian and behavioral health specialist, to support your health needs.
- Help you understand your benefits and navigate the health care system.
Your Primary Nurse can help you and your covered dependents with various acute and chronic health conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain and more)
- Pain management
Primary Nurses cannot diagnose problems or recommend specific treatment. They are not a substitute for your doctor’s care. Services are not an insurance program and may be discontinued at any time. Always speak with your doctor before starting an exercise program or diet.