Get convenient medical care—online, anytime.
Horizon BCBS now makes it easy for you to stay in control of your health. Eligible members can use Horizon CareOnline℠ to talk with a U.S. board-certified, licensed doctor via video, chat or phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week—no appointment needed! You can also consult with behavioral health professionals1, by appointment.
Horizon BCBS works with American Well, a leader in telehealth, to bring you care that is:
- Dependable: 24/7/365 access for urgent medical care
- Flexible: Doctors who meet your needs
- Convenient: No appointment needed for urgent medical care, and ePrescriptions can be provided by the doctor if needed2
- Confidential: Private and secure; compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
With Horizon CareOnline, you can be treated for symptoms and conditions such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Ear infections
- Skin irritations
- And more
You can also see behavioral health professionals for conditions such as:
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
Clinical urgent care services for Horizon CareOnline are provided by doctors who:
- Are U.S. board certified, licensed and credentialed
- Average 15 years’ experience in primary and urgent care
- Are rated by other patients
You can search each doctor’s profile and select the doctor that best meets your needs. Once you are enrolled, you can visit with a Horizon CareOnline doctor when:
- Your doctor’s office is closed
- You feel too sick to drive
- You are traveling and need medical care
This service is offered as a convenience and does not replace your relationship with your Primary Care Physician, personal doctor or behavioral health professional you see on a regular basis.
For technical assistance, please email HorizonCareOnline@AmericanWell.com. American Well is an independent company that supports Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in the administration of telehealth services.
Horizon CareOnline is a service mark of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.