We are committed to providing tools to help you manage your care.
Horizon MyWay® is a personal expense account that allows you to set aside a portion of your salary before taxes. You can use that money to pay for certain health care or dependent care costs, such as day care and elder care, tax-free.
Sign in and access online tools to help you manage your account at any time.
Health Care FSA
Depending on your tax bracket, a health care FSA can help you save as much as 10 to 40 percent on most of these costs.1
- Based on how much you think you will pay for care next year, decide how much to set aside from your paycheck and place in your account. That amount is withheld pretax from your paycheck and put into your FSA.
- Your total contribution is available from day one, even if it has not all been put into your FSA.
- When you receive care, either use your debit card (provided after enrollment) or pay out of pocket and submit receipts for reimbursement from your FSA.
- For the 2022 plan year, any Health Care FSA funds over $550 remaining after December 31, 2022, for which you have not submitted a claim by April 15, 2023, will be forfeited.
Dependent Care FSA
Depending on your tax bracket, a dependent care FSA can help you save as much as 28 to 40 percent on most of these costs. See your tax advisor with questions.
- Based on your likely dependent-care costs next year, decide how much to set aside from your paycheck to have placed in your account. That amount is withheld pretax throughout the year and put into your FSA. As you contribute, the money becomes available for use.
- When you have an eligible expense, submit your receipt and get reimbursed up to the available balance in your account.
- For the 2022 plan year, there is no rollover provision for Dependent Care FSA. If we do not receive eligible 2022 claims by April 15, 2023, any remaining funds will be forfeited.
Further is an independent company that supports Horizon BCBS with the administration of Consumer-Directed Healthcare (CDH) plan spending and savings accounts.