The Power of Paperless
Enjoy fast and easy access to your health plan information, determinations, Explanation of Benefits (EOBs), communications and more when you sign in to your member account through the Horizon Blue app¹ or at HorizonBlue.com². That's the power of paperless. You agree to receive electronic communications through the app and secure member website instead of by paper through your continued use of the app and website.
What's New for 2023
As of January 1, 2023, members in an Individual plan who register or are already registered in Auto Pay will no longer receive a premium payment bill in the mail. When you sign in to your member account, you can:
- See your billing and payment history anytime, anywhere.
- Get an email when your premium payment is processed.
- Choose your bank account, credit card or debit card for payment.
- Change or update your preferred payment method at any time.
- Download and print your monthly premium bills when you need them.
View Your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Online
Remember, your medical Explanation of Benefits (EOB) are available online, too. You'll no longer receive a paper EOB statement in the mail if you registered for the member website. You can:
- Get email and text messages when your EOB is ready to view (EOBs are available to view for 18 months)
- View and print a copy of your EOB weeks before you would get it in the mail
Plus, your dental EOB, if applicable, is also digital. Beginning March 29, 2023, you will no longer automatically receive a printed dental EOB. Both of your EOBs won't get lost in the mail, or even worse, end up in the wrong hands.
Still Want to Get Mail? No Problem.
To go back to receiving your paper premium bill, you can:
- Sign in to HorizonBlue.com or use the Horizon Blue app to send a secure email or chat with a Member Services Representative.
- Call Member Services at 1-800-355-BLUE (2583), Monday through Wednesday and Friday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), or Thursday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., ET.
To get one EOB in the mail, call Member Services at the number on the back of your member ID card. To go back to receiving all of your EOBs by mail, you can sign in to the member website and go to Profile & Settings. Then go to Paperless Settings and uncheck the Go Paperless box. Even if you choose to receive your EOBs in the mail, an EOB will not be sent to you when the amount you owe is equal to or less than your copay. There is no fee for receiving paper bills or EOBs.
To get connected to your information on the member website, you will need a laptop, computer or mobile device with Internet access and the latest version of either Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer (IE). And, the Horizon Blue app is compatible with IOS 10 and Android 5.0 and above.
Need help registering for our Horizon Blue app or our secure member web portal? Call Horizon's eService Desk at 1-888-777-5075, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time.
¹To download the Horizon Blue app, text GetApp to 422-272, or go to the App Store® or Google Play™ to download. There is no charge to download the Horizon Blue app, but rates from your wireless provider may apply. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
²To register or access your account, go to Member Sign In at HorizonBlue.com.