Get convenient medical care online, anytime.
Horizon CareOnline Brings the Doctor to You
Horizon BCBSNJ now makes it easy for you to stay in control of your health. Eligible members can use Horizon CareOnline℠ to talk with a U.S. board-certified, licensed doctor via video, chat or phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week — no appointment needed! You can also consult with behavioral health professionals, by appointment.¹
Horizon BCBSNJ works with American Well, a leader in telehealth, to bring you care that is:
- Dependable: 24/7/365 access for urgent medical care
- Flexible: Doctors who meet your needs
- Convenient: No appointment needed for urgent medical care, and ePrescriptions can be provided by the doctor if needed²
- Confidential: Private and secure; compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
With Horizon CareOnline, you can be treated for symptoms and conditions such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin irritations
- And more
You can also see behavioral health professionals¹ for conditions such as:
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
Clinical urgent care services for Horizon CareOnline are provided by doctors who:
- Are U.S. board certified, licensed and credentialed
- Average 15 years’ experience in primary and urgent care
- Are rated by other patients
You can search each doctor’s profile and select the doctor that best meets your needs. Once you are enrolled, you can visit with a Horizon CareOnline doctor when:
- Your doctor’s office is closed
- You feel too sick to drive
- You are traveling and need medical care
To access Horizon CareOnline, login to our secure member portal at HorizonBlue.com or download the HorizonBlue app. To get the Horizon Blue app, text GETAPP to 422-272.
This service is offered as a convenience and does not replace your relationship with your Primary Care Physician, personal doctor or behavioral health professional you see on a regular basis.
¹ Not all plans include behavioral health as part of their telehealth service; refer to plan documents.
² For more information, visit American Well
For technical assistance, call our eService Desk at 1-888-777-5075 to speak with a representative for help with technical issues. Representatives are available weekdays, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Eastern Time.
Horizon CareOnline is a service mark of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.