Horizon Healthy Journey
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. The Horizon Healthy Journey Program offers:
- Personal Touch: Our care team makes one-on-one calls for health screening reminders, health education and chronic disease management.
- All Stages of Life: You can count on us for support through all stages of life.
- Awareness: Our educational materials and health screening reminders are tailored to your needs.
- Rewards and Incentive: We make it easy for you to earn rewards just for being active in your wellness journey. You may be eligible to earn rewards when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Your journey to better health begins here!
Getting the right care starts with an annual wellness visit with your Primary Care Physician (PCP). During this visit, your PCP will talk to you about your:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Risk of falling
- Needed preventive health screenings and vaccinations
An annual wellness visit is a covered benefit, at no cost to you.
Contact us: If you have any concerns that make it difficult for you to get your preventive health screenings, please call the Horizon Healthy Journey line 1-844-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time (ET).
For questions regarding your coverage, benefits or eligibility please contact Member Services at 1-800-365-2223 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET.
Throughout the year, Horizon Healthy Journey will remind you when it’s time for your preventive health screenings. You may hear from us through live or automated calls, or we may send you reminders in the mail. Horizon Healthy Journey will let you know when you are due for any of the following:
- Breast cancer screening – mammogram
- Osteoporosis Management in Women – DEXA scan
- Vaccines – Flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccine
- Diabetes screenings – Hemoglobin A1C, Microalbumin lab test, and diabetic eye exam.
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Annual wellness visit
Preventive health screenings are the best way to find and treat any problems early, when chances for successful treatment are best. If you have any questions about the screenings above, call us at 1-888-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
The Rewards and Incentive Program promotes staying healthy by completing your preventive health screenings while earning rewards. It is available to members who have a Horizon Medicare Advantage plan (HMO or PPO). 2020 program details to come. Please check back later.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with certain vendors to help you get the screenings you need quickly and easily. You may be contacted by one of the vendors below on our behalf, if you are eligible for a certain screening(s). If you get a call or receive mail from one of our partnered vendors, we have given them permission to reach out to you.
- Magellan Rx: A team of pharmacists that contact members for the following:
- Osteoporosis Management in Women — Magellan Rx educates members about the risks of osteoporosis and the importance of completing a Bone Density Mineral test/DEXA scan. They will also contact women between the ages of 65-87 that had a fracture in the past six months.
- Statin Therapy for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease — Magellan Rx educates members who are at risk for cardiovascular disease and may benefit from statin therapy.
Magellan Rx services are offered to members in the following Medicare Advantage HMO plans:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx Value (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Select (HMO-POS)
- Mobile Medical Examination services, MedXm: A specialized team of licensed, credentialed and professional technicians that perform in-home screenings for:
- Colorectal cancer
- Diabetic retinal eye exam
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Microalbumin test
- DEXA scan
MedXm services are offered to members enrolled in either Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO plans.