Horizon Healthy Journey
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. The Horizon Healthy Journey Program offers:
- Personal Touch: Our care team makes one-on-one calls for health screening reminders, health education and chronic disease management.
- All Stages of Life: You can count on us for support through all stages of life.
- Awareness: Our educational materials and health screening reminders are tailored to your needs.
- Rewards and Incentive: We make it easy for you to earn rewards just for being active in your wellness journey. You may be eligible to earn rewards when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Your journey to better health begins here!
Getting the right care starts with an annual wellness visit with your Primary Care Physician (PCP). During this visit, your PCP will talk to you about your:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Risk of falling
- Needed preventive health screenings and vaccinations
An annual wellness visit is a covered benefit, at no cost to you.
Contact us: If you have any concerns that make it difficult for you to get your preventive health screenings, please call the Horizon Healthy Journey line 1-844-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time (ET).
For questions regarding your coverage, benefits or eligibility please contact Member Services at 1-800-365-2223 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET.
Throughout the year, Horizon Healthy Journey will remind you when it’s time for your preventive health screenings. You may hear from us through live or automated calls, or we may send you reminders in the mail. Horizon Healthy Journey will let you know when you are due for any of the following:
- Breast cancer screening – mammogram
- Osteoporosis Management in Women – DEXA scan
- Vaccines – Flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccine
- Diabetes screenings – Hemoglobin A1C, Microalbumin lab test, and diabetic eye exam.
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Annual wellness visit
Preventive health screenings are the best way to find and treat any problems early, when chances for successful treatment are best. If you have any questions about the screenings above, call us at 1-888-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
Earn up to $225 in Gift Cards
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program, is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. You can earn rewards such as a gift card when you complete the following preventive health screenings:
- Annual Wellness Visit: $25 gift card
- Breast Cancer Screening: $50 gift card
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: $50 gift card
- Diabetic Retinal Eye Exam: $50 gift card
- Bone Mineral Density Test: $50 gift card
Preventive health screenings are the best way to find and treat any problems early, when chances for successful treatment are best.
If you have any concerns that make it difficult for you to get your preventive health screenings, please call the Horizon Healthy Journey line at 1-844-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with certain vendors to help you get the screenings you need quickly and easily. You may be contacted by one of the vendors below on our behalf, if you are eligible for a certain screening(s). If you get a call or receive mail from one of our partnered vendors, we have given them permission to reach out to you.
Magellan Rx: A team of pharmacists that contact members for the following:
Osteoporosis Management in Women — Magellan Rx educates members about the risks of osteoporosis and the importance of completing a Bone Density Mineral test/DEXA scan. They will also contact women between the ages of 65-87 that had a fracture in the past six months.
Statin Therapy for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease — Magellan Rx educates members who are at risk for cardiovascular disease and may benefit from statin therapy.
Quest HealthConnect: A specialized team of licensed, credentialed and professional technicians that perform in-home screenings for bone density (DEXA scans).