Specialty Pharmaceutical Pharmacy Benefit
Members who use specialty pharmaceuticals have unique needs relating to the management of their diseases and the therapies associated with them.
To assist members who are taking a specialty pharmaceutical, Horizon BCBSNJ has contracted with pharmacies that specialize in these therapies. In addition to a high level of service, drug-/disease-specific education and support, these pharmacies provide:
- Personal attention from a pharmacist-led team to provide condition-specific education, medication administration instruction and advice to help manage therapy.
- Claims assistance to help determine individual coverage and file the necessary paperwork.
- Easy access to pharmacists and other health experts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Informative condition-specific materials.
- Easy ordering with a dedicated toll-free number.
- Convenient delivery to the location of choice (e.g., member's home, physician's office, vacation spot, etc.).
- Helpful follow-up care calls to remind members when it's time to refill a prescription, to check on therapy progress and answer any questions members may have.
Horizon BCBSNJ members who use certain specialty pharmaceuticals and want to minimize their cost-sharing by using in-network pharmacies, are required to obtain the prescription drugs from a participating specialty pharmacy listed below.
|Participating Specialty Pharmacy||Phone Number|
|Accredo Health Group||1-866-515-1437|
|Acro Pharmaceutical Services||1-800-906-7798|
|Allcare Plus Pharmacy||1-508-459-3535|
|AllianceRX Walgreens Prime||1-866-823-9575|
|Avella of Deer Valley, Inc||1-844-841-5496|
|BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy||1-866-841-4714|
|Caremed Pharmaceutical Services||1-877-227-3405|
|CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy||1-800-237-2767|
|Diplomat Pharmacy (formerly Burmans Specialty Pharmacy)||1-800-604-6068|
|Dunn Meadow Pharmacy||1-844-262 8200|
|Fenny Specialty Pharmacy||1-855-344-6355|
|Glen Rock Medical Pharmacy||1-866-888-3200|
|HPC Specialty Pharmacy||1-800-757-9192|
|Infiniti Pharmacy and Infusion Service||1-800-995-7615|
|Kroger Specialty Pharmacy, Inc||1-855-658-9590|
|Onco360 Oncology Pharmacy||1-877-662-6633|
|PANTHERx Specialty, LLC||1-855-726-8479|
|Qualitas Pharmacy Services||1-800-242-0113|
|Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy||1-877-592-7988|
|Senderra Rx Partners, LLC||1-888-777-5547|
|SMP Pharmacy Solutions||1-855-650-5009|
|US Bio Services||1-800-400-9549|
- Other prescription drugs not on the Specialty Pharmaceutical List should still be obtained through participating retail or mail-service pharmacies under your prescription drug plan to obtain in-network benefits.
- Specialty pharmaceuticals may be subject to medical necessity review.
- The list of specialty pharmaceutical drugs may be subject to change and may be updated periodically.
Not all plans cover infertility benefits. Refer to your policy documents or contact Pharmacy Member Services at the toll-free number on the back of your Horizon BCBSNJ ID card for coverage information.