Chronic Care Program
Our team of registered nurses can help you understand your chronic condition and how you can improve your health.
Our Chronic Care Program helps members with chronic conditions better manage their health and improve their quality of life. These programs, which are offered at no cost to eligible members, reinforce your doctor’s treatment plan through educational mailings and support from our Care Managers, who are all registered nurses. The program is available for those members with:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Failure
Our comprehensive Chronic Care Program offers eligible members:
- A Care Manager with expertise in your condition
- Access to a team of health professionals, including a registered dietician, social worker, behavioral health specialist and pharmacist
- Assistance in navigating the health care system, understanding your benefits, and getting the appropriate care when you need it
- Quarterly educational mailings
Who is eligible?
To find out if you're eligible for our Chronic Care Program, please call the Member Services telephone number located on the back of your Horizon BCBSNJ Member ID card.
To participate in our Chronic Care Program, members must also meet the following criteria:
- Asthma Program: Members five years of age and older diagnosed with asthma
- COPD Program: Members 30 years of age and older diagnosed with COPD (includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema)
- CAD Program: Members 18 years of age and older who have been hospitalized for cardiovascular conditions like angina or a heart attack (acute myocardial infarction) or had procedures such as coronary artery bypass graft (also known as CABG) surgery, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or stent placement
- Diabetes Program: Members of all ages diagnosed with diabetes
- Heart Failure Program: Members 18 years of age and older diagnosed with heart failure
How to join
Eligible Horizon BCBSNJ members may enroll in the Chronic Care Program by completing the Chronic Care Program referral form or by calling the applicable number below. Assistance is available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time.