AbleTo Support Program
After a significant illness or health issue, it’s normal to feel sad, anxious or stressed. To make your recovery as smooth as possible, Horizon BCBSNJ is working with AbleTo, Inc., to help you feel better, both physically and emotionally.
How you feel affects how you heal
With AbleTo, you’ll get practical support from a behavioral therapist or coach to help you feel like yourself again. You’ll be able to speak with a qualified professional twice a week for eight weeks by phone or video from the privacy of your own home.
Skills you'll learn:
- Managing stress
- Setting specific and achievable goals
- Improving your mood and outlook
- Overcoming barriers to positive change
- Engaging more fully in meaningful activities
- Setting boundaries and improving time management
- Maximizing physical recovery after a medical event
- Transitioning back to work after a leave of absence
- Improving communication with family and health care professionals
Proven effective therapy
On average, following a full therapy course, AbleTo helped reduce depression, anxiety and stress by more than 40 percent.1
If you are eligible for this program, you will receive a letter from Horizon BCBSNJ and/or a call from AbleTo to set up an initial consultation. The program is free for eligible members.
1Pre- and post-evaluation using the Depression, Anxiety, Stress Scales (DASS).
AbleTo, Inc., and its subsidiary, AbleTo Behavioral Health Services PC, are independently contracted by Horizon BCBSNJ to provide remote behavioral health support services to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan members in New Jersey with certain medical conditions.