Monitoring the coronavirus
Health officials around the world are carefully tracking the outbreak of the novel coronavirus that originated in China.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is closely monitoring the impact of the virus and will continue to ensure our members have access to the care they need when they need it.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the New Jersey Department of Health are providing updates as more information becomes available. Please visit the CDC website for the latest updates on coronavirus.
While the impact of coronavirus continues to develop, please remember that flu still poses a much greater risk to Americans and that it’s not too late to get your flu shot.
You can prevent the spread of several viruses by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.