Getting the Flu Shot is More Important Than Ever This Year
Getting a flu shot is the most effective way to prevent the flu. This year, with both the flu and COVID-19 circulating, getting your flu shot is even more important to:
- Help keep you and your family healthy
- Lower the spread of the flu in your community
- Preserve health care resources for fighting COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu shot for everyone ages 6 months and older. The CDC advises that it is safe to get a flu shot at the same time as a COVID-19 vaccine.
In addition to getting a flu shot, it is important to practice good health habits to help prevent the flu.
- Stay home when you’re sick, and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently, lathering for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if you can’t wash your hands.
Keep yourself and your family safe and get your flu shot as soon as you can.