Complete a Free Health Assessment and Get a CVS Pharmacy® Gift Card
Your Horizon BCBSNJ coverage (Individual plan or Small Group Employer plan) provides you with two convenient options for a free health assessment:
- A Healthy House Call® - a fully licensed and qualified doctor or nurse practitioner will visit you in your home or at another private location that you prefer.
- A Complete Health Review - a nurse practitioner will evaluate your health at a MinuteClinic® inside CVS Pharmacy. Note: MinuteClinic walk-ins are not accepted. You must schedule an appointment.
Once you complete your free health assessment, we will send you a $20 CVS Pharmacy gift card for participating.1
A Healthy House Call® or Complete Health Review visit is part of your current coverage and is provided to you at no additional cost. The visit does not replace the care or appointments with your personal doctor and is strictly voluntary.
Your free health assessment takes about an hour and includes:
- A complete review of your current health, medical history, current treatments and medicines
- A brief physical exam, which includes taking your blood pressure
- A conversation about any health care concerns you may have and answers to any questions
- Recommendations about your care
Horizon BCBSNJ is working with EMSI Health® and CVS Pharmacy to help bring this service to you. No medicines, treatments or tests are ordered during a Healthy House Call® visit. A non-invasive blood sample, by finger prick, may be performed during your Healthy House Call® or Complete Health Review visit. Results are shared with you, your primary doctor and Horizon BCBSNJ to help ensure you receive the best care possible and to help you stay on top of any health conditions. The results of the assessment will not impact your Horizon BCBSNJ benefits and will not increase your premium.
Schedule your appointment by calling 1-800-817-3766, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Eastern Time (ET); Saturday, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., ET; and on Sunday, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., ET.
1Gift cards are not offered if you receive a physical or health assessment from your primary doctor. Gift cards will be mailed to your home between 30 to 60 days after you complete your health assessment.
EMSI Health® is responsible for administering the Healthy House Call® program. MinuteClinic® is responsible for the Complete Health Review. Doctors/nurse practitioners who conduct in-home Healthy House Calls® are the personnel of EMSI Health® and nurse practitioners who conduct Complete Health Reviews at MinuteClinic are employees of MinuteClinic. EMSI Health® and MinuteClinic are each independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
The EMSI Health® and Healthy House Calls® names and symbols are registered trademarks of Examination Management Services, Inc.