Changes to Management of the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
Beginning on or about January 1, 2020, Horizon BCBSNJ will move the administrative and clinical management of the Horizon Behavioral Health℠ Program – behavioral health services and benefits – from Beacon Health Options (formerly ValueOptions) to Horizon BCBSNJ’s internal operations.
- Horizon Medicare Advantage plans will change on or about January 1, 2020.
- Horizon BCBSNJ fully insured and self-insured plans will change on or about April 1, 2020
What does this mean?
Beginning in 2020, Horizon BCBSNJ will no longer use Beacon Health Options to manage the program. This change does not impact your plan benefits and services.
- You will continue to have access to behavioral health services according to your plan. Current benefits will not be changing.
- There will be no changes to the network of behavioral health care professionals that participate with your plan.
- You don’t need a new member ID card.
- You can still use the phone numbers that you currently use to access behavioral health care benefits and services.
- Your health care information will remain safeguarded to protect your privacy.
Horizon BCBSNJ remains committed to working with health care professionals throughout the state to improve care for our members facing mental health issues and substance use disorders.