Horizon Supportive Care Program
Are you or a loved one experiencing a serious medical illness or suffering from ongoing treatment side effects? If so, you don’t have to go through it alone.
The Horizon Supportive Care Program℠ can help you.
This free and voluntary program can connect you to palliative care services, when you need it.
What is palliative care?
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people living with serious illnesses. This type of care is focused on relief of the symptoms and stress from the illness. The goal is to improve the quality of life for the patient and the family.
Supportive Care Program: Helping Members at a Time of Need
"I take pride in knowing I make a difference in someone’s life – whether it is allowing our members to cry or vent, or helping them navigate the health care system. I am very proud to be part of the Supportive Care Program."
- Helen DeLuca, Supportive Care Nurse
What the Supportive Care Program offers
We will work with you, your family members and your doctor to:
- Identify your health goals.
- Navigate the health care system, including understanding your benefits.
- Address your specific needs.
Benefits of the Supportive Care Program
- Patient and Family Empowerment
- Help with treatment planning, and emotional and spiritual support, as well as coordination of care and access to community services.
- Enhanced Care Management and Support
- Access to Supportive Care nurses who will work together with your doctor and other health care professionals, ensuring you receive the care that’s right for you.
- Symptom Management
- Specialty trained registered nurses will work with your doctor to manage pain and other physical or emotional distress.
Get more information
For help, call the Horizon Supportive Care Program at 1-888-621-5894, option 2, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time. TTY users can call 711 during the same hours.
- Get the latest news and information on palliative care, including webinars, podcasts and videos.
- Conversation of Your Life
- Useful resources, such as toolkits, conversation starters and much more.
- Free Five Wishes Online
- Your resource for advance care planning. Detailed information on how Five Wishes can help others in your life.
You have access to the resources and information you need to manage your health.
This program does not take the place of your doctor’s advice or treatment plan. All health information will remain confidential.
The Horizon Supportive Care Program℠ name is a service mark of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.