Horizon Supportive Care℠ Program
If you have recently been discharged from the hospital or are living with a serious illness, you may benefit from the extra support you can receive through the Horizon Supportive Care Program. The support services offered through this program are free of charge and optional for eligible members. Horizon BCBSNJ works with CareCentrix, Inc. (CareCentrix) to help you find the support you need.
Getting the Support You Need
After Your Hospital Stay
After Your Hospital Stay
It can be hard to stay on track with your recovery after a hospital stay. That's why we work with CareCentrix to help answer any of your questions as you heal at home.
A nurse coach will call you to help you stay on track with your recovery. You will get answers to questions about:
- How to follow your care plan and new medicine you need to take
- Signs or symptoms you need to watch for
- Follow-up care that may be important to your continued recovery
- How to access community resources such as meal delivery programs or transportation to and from appointments
Living with a Serious Illness
When you are faced with a serious illness it is hard to manage the stress, pain and symptoms of your condition by yourself. The Horizon Supportive Care Program offers palliative care or specialized supportive care to help improve the quality of life for you and your family while living with a serious illness.
Through in-home or video visits and phone calls, a team of nurses and social workers will work closely with you, your family and your doctors to provide:
- Support to help manage the symptoms related to your treatment
- Help to understand difficult medical information
- Coping tools for feelings and changes related to your health
- Treatment options as recommended by your doctor to meet your needs
- Help completing advance directives
- Help to understand your health insurance benefits
- Support for caregivers, family members and loved ones
- Referrals to resources and community services
Who Is Eligible for This Program
If you are enrolled in one of our Commercial fully insured or Horizon Medicare Advantage plans, you are eligible for this program. To check if you are enrolled in a Commercial fully insured plan, look for “Insured by Horizon BCBSNJ” on your member ID card.
For more information about this program, please call 1-833-592-1075 (TTY 711), Monday-Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time, excluding holidays.