What Does My Plan Cover?
Before you get care, check to see what your plan covers and if you need a referral or prior authorization (permission from Horizon BCBSNJ before you get certain treatments or services).
Understanding Your Benefits
Review your benefits
Sign in or register to get exclusive 24-hour, seven day-a-week access to:
- Covered services
- Contract / Summary of Benefits & Coverages
- Covered benefits
- Claims information and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements
Get answers to your questions quickly and easily
You can choose the way you want to connect with a Horizon BCBSNJ Member Services Representative when you need answers to your questions. Sign in or register to:
- Read answers to frequently asked questions and view step-by-step instructions on how to find your information.
- Send a secure email with your questions any time to Member Services.
- Chat live with a Member Services Representative during business hours.
You can also call the Member Services number on the back of your member ID card to use the automated interactive voice response system which is available any time, any day, or you can speak with a Member Services Representative during business hours.
Glossary of health insurance words
Confused by all the health insurance words and abbreviations? Don’t worry. Our detailed glossary explains the health insurance terms you need to know to understand your benefits and coverage.
Watch our videos that explain copayments, coinsurance and deductibles.