Learn more about how you can earn and save, and take care of your health.
Horizon Healthy Journey
Learn how to take care of your health and earn rewards with the Horizon Healthy Journey Program.
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. The Horizon Healthy Journey Program offers:
- Personal Touch: Our care team makes one-on-one calls for health screening reminders, health education and chronic disease management.
- All Stages of Life: You can count on us for support through all stages of life.
- Awareness: Our educational materials and health screening reminders are tailored to your needs.
- Rewards and Incentive: We make it easy for you to earn rewards just for being active in your wellness journey. You may be eligible to earn rewards when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Your journey to better health begins here!
Getting the right care starts with an annual wellness visit with your Primary Care Physician (PCP). During this visit, your PCP will talk to you about your:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Risk of falling
- Needed preventive health screenings and vaccinations
An annual wellness visit is a covered benefit, at no cost to you.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey strives to provide members with support and resources that meet their individual needs. If you are eligible for any available programs or initiatives, we will personally contact you. To opt out of outreach for these programs, please call Horizon Healthy Journey at 1-888-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
For questions regarding your coverage, benefits or eligibility please contact Member Services at 1-800-365-2223 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET.
Throughout the year, Horizon Healthy Journey will remind you when it’s time for your preventive health screenings. You may hear from us through live or automated calls, or we may send you reminders in the mail. Horizon Healthy Journey will let you know when you are due for any of the following:
- Breast cancer screening – mammogram
- Osteoporosis Management in Women – DEXA scan
- Vaccines – Flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccine
- Diabetes screenings – Hemoglobin A1C, Microalbumin lab test, and diabetic eye exam.
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Annual wellness visit
Preventive health screenings are the best way to find and treat any problems early, when chances for successful treatment are best. If you have any questions about the screenings above, call us at 1-888-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
The Rewards and Incentive Program promotes staying healthy by completing your preventive health screenings while earning rewards. It is available to members who have a Horizon Medicare Advantage plan (HMO or PPO). 2020 program details to come. Please check back later.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with certain vendors to help you get the screenings you need quickly and easily. You may be contacted by one of the vendors below on our behalf, if you are eligible for a certain screening(s). If you get a call or receive mail from one of our partnered vendors, we have given them permission to reach out to you.
- Magellan Rx: A team of pharmacists that contact members for the following:
- Osteoporosis Management in Women — Magellan Rx educates members about the risks of osteoporosis and the importance of completing a Bone Density Mineral test/DEXA scan. They will also contact women between the ages of 65-87 that had a fracture in the past six months.
- Statin Therapy for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease — Magellan Rx educates members who are at risk for cardiovascular disease and may benefit from statin therapy.
Magellan Rx services are offered to members in the following Medicare Advantage HMO plans:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx Value (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Select (HMO-POS)
- Mobile Medical Examination services, MedXm: A specialized team of licensed, credentialed and professional technicians that perform in-home screenings for:
- Colorectal cancer
- Diabetic retinal eye exam
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Microalbumin test
- DEXA scan
MedXm services are offered to members enrolled in either Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO plans.
Stay Healthy and Earn Rewards
At Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, we care about your health. That’s why our Horizon Healthy Journey program focuses on the importance of preventive health screenings and education, so you can take an active role in taking good care of yourself.
Our care team makes it easy for you to stay on top of your health with personal health screening reminders, as well as health education and support.
Plus, you can get rewarded when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Where does your Horizon Healthy Journey begin? Getting the right care starts with an annual wellness visit with your Primary Care Physician, or PCP.
During this visit, your PCP will talk to you about your blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index - or BMI, risk of falling, and any other preventive health screenings and vaccinations you may need.
Since your annual wellness visit is a covered benefit under your Horizon Medicare Advantage plan, there is no cost to you.
Throughout the year, you will get reminders when it’s time for your preventive health screenings.
For example, we’ll let you know when you’re due for your annual wellness visit, a breast cancer screening, a colorectal cancer screening, an osteoporosis screening, diabetes screenings and vaccinations.
Remember, information and early detection is key to helping you stay healthy.
And, when you complete certain preventive health screenings, you’ll earn rewards. You can receive a free CVS gift card in amounts ranging from fifteen to fifty dollars – just for completing certain screenings within a calendar year.
To learn if you are eligible to earn rewards or for more information about signing up for the program, call the Member Services phone number on your ID card.
Stay healthy through all the stages of your life – and earn rewards for taking care of yourself.
At Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, we want to help you understand your choices on your journey to better health.
ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-800-365-2223 (TTY 711).
ATENCIÓN: Si habla otro idioma que no sea inglés, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-365-2223 (TTY 711).
Horizon Insurance Company (“HIC”) has a Medicare contract to offer HMO, HMO-POS, PPO and Part D Medicare plans, including group-Medicare Advantage plans and group Part D Prescription Drug plans. Enrollment in HIC Medicare products depends on contract renewal. Products are provided by HIC. Communications are issued by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in its capacity as administrator of programs and provider relations for all its companies. Both are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The Horizon® name and symbols are registered marks of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. © 2019 Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Three Penn Plaza East, Newark, New Jersey 07105.
Learn more about Blue365®, a discount program administered by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association that offers eligible Horizon BCBSNJ members savings on products and services for a well-balanced lifestyle. Blue365® deals can help members stay active, while saving money at popular retailers and companies nationwide. Blue365® deals are offered in addition to the benefits of a member’s health plan. Enroll today.