Learn more about how you can earn and save, and take care of your health.
Horizon Healthy Journey
Learn how to take care of your health and earn rewards with the Horizon Healthy Journey Program.
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. The Horizon Healthy Journey Program offers:
- Personal Touch: Our care team makes one-on-one calls for health screening reminders, health education and chronic disease management.
- All Stages of Life: You can count on us for support through all stages of life.
- Awareness: Our educational materials and health screening reminders are tailored to your needs.
- Rewards and Incentive: We make it easy for you to earn rewards just for being active in your wellness journey. You may be eligible to earn rewards when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Your journey to better health begins here!
Did you know? Preventive health screenings are covered benefits for Medicare Advantage (HMO and PPO) members.
We strive to provide support and resources to members to meet their individual needs. If you are eligible to participate in any of the available programs or initiatives, we will contact you. To opt out of outreach for these programs, please call Horizon Healthy Journey at 1-888-754-2451(TTY 711), Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
Click on the topics below for information about preventive health services:
Breast cancer screening
Colorectal cancer screening
Diabetic eye exam
Diabetes test – hemoglobin A1c
Diabetes test – microalbumin test
Osteoporosis management in women
Throughout the year, Horizon Healthy Journey will remind you when it’s time for your preventive health screenings. You may hear from us through live or automated calls, or we may send you reminders in the mail. Horizon Healthy Journey will let you know when you are due for any of the following:
- Breast cancer screening – mammogram
- Osteoporosis Management in Women – DEXA scan
- Vaccines – Flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccine
- Diabetes screenings – Hemoglobin A1C, Microalbumin lab test, and diabetic eye exam.
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Annual wellness visit
Preventive health screenings are the best way to find and treat any problems early, when chances for successful treatment are best. If you have any questions about the screenings above, call us at 1-888-754-2451 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET.
At Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ), your health comes first. This year, Horizon Healthy Journey is offering a new rewards program that replaces the previous Rewards & Incentive Program, The rewards remain the same, but we’re making it easier, faster and more convenient for you to earn them.
Here’s how it works:
In order to receive rewards, you must be enrolled in a Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare Advantage plan when you complete your health care activities.
You can receive rewards, such as gift cards, for completing following health care activities:
- Annual wellness visit - $25
- Bone density test - $50
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram) - $50
- Colorectal cancer screening - $50
- Diabetic eye exam - $50
Choose your reward online or over the phone
- Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO member rewards
Call 1-866-790-9090 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., ET.
Screenings must be completed from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 in order to participate in the program. The last day to report activities and redeem your rewards is January 15, 2021. There is no catch or cost involved to participate in earning rewards for completing health care activities.
Why select your rewards online?
- Receive some rewards right away – that’s 2 to 4 weeks faster than by phone or mail.
- View a full list of your health care activities and how much you can earn by completing them.
- Check on the status of your rewards, so you know when they’re on the way.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with certain vendors to help you get the screenings you need quickly and easily. You may be contacted by one of the vendors below on our behalf, if you are eligible for a certain screening(s). If you get a call or receive mail from one of our partnered vendors, we have given them permission to reach out to you.
- Magellan Rx: A team of pharmacists that contact members for the following:
- Osteoporosis Management in Women — Magellan Rx educates members about the risks of osteoporosis and the importance of completing a Bone Density Mineral test/DEXA scan. They will also contact women between the ages of 65-87 that had a fracture in the past six months.
- Statin Therapy for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease — Magellan Rx educates members who are at risk for cardiovascular disease and may benefit from statin therapy.
Magellan Rx services are offered to members in the following Medicare Advantage HMO plans:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx Value (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Select (HMO-POS)
Stay Healthy and Earn Rewards
Stay Healthy and Earn Rewards
Learn more about Blue365®, a discount program administered by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association that offers eligible Horizon BCBSNJ members savings on products and services for a well-balanced lifestyle. Blue365® deals can help members stay active, while saving money at popular retailers and companies nationwide. Blue365® deals are offered in addition to the benefits of a member’s health plan. Enroll today.