Does your doctor fit your needs?
Choosing the right doctor to coordinate your care is important.
Choosing a doctor — your Primary Care Physician (PCP) — who is responsible for helping you coordinate your care is important to your overall health. Your PCP1 is someone who:
- Identifies and treats common medical conditions.
- Provides preventive care and counseling on healthy lifestyle choices.
- Helps coordinate specialty and follow-up care.
When choosing a participating doctor, do you want a doctor who:
- Is board certified?
- Has special training to meet your unique needs?
- Has admitting privileges at the hospital of your choice?
Once you select a participating doctor, call his or her office to find out:
- Is it easy to get an appointment?
- Are the office hours convenient for you?
- Is the office staff friendly and helpful?
- Does the office return calls on a timely basis?
To find a Horizon BCBSNJ in-network doctor near you:
- Visit Horizon BCBSNJ’s Doctor & Hospital Finder.
1Not all plans require you to select a PCP.