Medical insurance can be difficult to understand. We want to make sure you understand your insurance so you get the most from your benefits.
Are you ready to get the most from your health plan? Follow these steps:
1. Get 24/7 access to your information.
When you register and sign in, you’ll have exclusive access to:
- View your claims status.
- Print or display your member ID card.
- Change your PCP.
- Update your benefits with other health insurance you may have.
- Send a secure email, 24/7, or chat with us during normal business hours.
Our Horizon Blue app puts support and care in your hands. View your benefits, display your member ID card, find doctors, and get care and support, 24/7. Download the Horizon Blue app by texting GetApp to 422-272 or download it from the App Store® or Google Play™.
2. Keep your member ID card with you and show it when you need medical care.
It’s the key to your benefits.
- You can use the Horizon Blue app to show and send your member ID card to your doctor.
- You can sign in to view your member ID card.
- Your member ID card will also be mailed to you.
3. Choose your Primary Care Physician (PCP).
Your PCP will take care of you when you’re sick and help you stay healthier all year round. Use the Horizon Blue app or visit HorizonBlue.com/doctorfinder to find a doctor.
- Horizon HMO and members through the Away from Home Care Program must select a Primary Care Physician (PCP). In general, PCPs are licensed family practitioners, general practitioners, internists, pediatricians or health care professionals specializing in obstetrics and gynecology who have passed our credentialing process. They have agreements with us to participate in the Horizon Managed Care Network.
- Horizon HMO Access members have the option to choose a PCP or health care professional specializing in obstetrics or gynecology.
Remember: Services provided by doctors, other health care professionals, hospitals and facilities that do not participate with your plan are not covered. You’ll be responsible for the total cost of services you get from out-of-network health care providers, except in an emergency.
App Store® is a service mark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. There is no charge to download the Horizon Blue app, but rates from your wireless provider may apply.