A message from our President and CEO
Our Commitment to Positive and Lasting Change
Throughout our 90-year history, Horizon BCBSNJ has stood firmly against racism, discrimination and hate. We are proud of our history, our work and our achievements in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We know that there is much more work to be done, both in our Company and in our communities, and recognize that complex problems only change with enduring commitment. To that end, we pledge that:
- We will listen and learn from the communities we serve and our employees through active, ongoing conversations based on mutual respect and an appreciation for the value of diversity.
- We will reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve throughout the organization so that we can achieve our Mission to empower our members to achieve their best health.
- We will address health care disparities related to race and the social barriers our members face in accessing care.
- We will collaborate with leaders in our communities across New Jersey who drive social justice and equality.
- We will promote equity, inclusion, awareness and understanding to confront racism, hate and discrimination.
Listening to and learning from each other remains a critical component of our commitment to support one another in these difficult and challenging times. I am confident that working together, we will succeed in living up to our commitments to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Gary D. St. Hilaire
President & CEO