Asian-American Affinity Group
Our vision is to promote the unique blend of the Asian cultural heritage and traditions by educating and supporting this population, while recognizing and celebrating accomplishments of personal and professional growth, and development of our community.
Horizon BCBSNJ’s Affinity Groups cover a broad range of diversity. I’m honored to be able to contribute to the rich culture of diversity and inclusion at Horizon BCBSNJ as the Executive Sponsor of the Asian-American Affinity Group.
I have always valued development in my own life as well as in the lives of the people I have had the privilege of working with. I believe development fuels our personal and professional growth. When I learned that part of the Asian-American Affinity Group’s vision is to recognize and celebrate accomplishments of personal and professional growth and development of our community, I knew it was a natural fit.
Embedded in the group’s vision are commitments that I believe in. Their work is aligned with some of my passions and is an extension of our Mission at Horizon BCBSNJ. We believe in empowering our members to achieve their best health by leading with strength, integrity and innovation to generate substantial improvements in health care quality, affordability and member experience.
Examples of the group’s past work include:
- Partnering with Horizon BCBSNJ’s Diversity Council on an educational session for our employees about topics related to children with special needs
- Raising funds for an “adopted” school
- Supporting the American Conference on Diversity’s annual Diversity Stride walk
- Teaming up with other affinity groups on joint community projects
- Educating Horizon BCBSNJ’s workforce about their countries of origin through fun and interesting displays and dialogue at the annual Diversity Showcase
Collaborating with the talented and dedicated members of the Asian-American Affinity Group in this meaningful work is a valuable opportunity to broaden my own perspectives and make a difference.