The Legal Affairs division is responsible for the Compliance and Ethics Office, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Government Affairs, Legal and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Legal Affairs division is comprised of the following departments:
- Compliance and Ethics Office is responsible for working with each business unit to establish and maintain an effective Compliance and Ethics Program that enhances the Company’s ability to fulfill its regulatory requirements and ethical duties.
- Enterprise Risk Management resides within the Compliance and Ethics Office and assists the business units in identifying and mitigating enterprise risk. Enterprise Risk Management is also responsible for a new NAIC regulatory reporting requirement called Own Risk Solvency Assessment, or ORSA.
- Corporate Governance facilitates the Board of Directors’ oversight of the Company and maintains the Company’s legal entities.
- Government Affairs works to protect and uphold the Company’s reputation while addressing issues that are important to the Company with state and federal regulators.
- Legal consists of the Corporate and Regulatory Group, which supports the regulatory and contractual needs of the Company, and the Litigation, Labor and Employment Group, which manages the Company’s litigation, pre-litigation, document management and labor and employment issues.
- Corporate Social Responsibility manages and directs the Horizon Foundation, Corporate Giving and Community Engagement activities for the enterprise.