Introducing our New Behavioral Health Site: Balancing Emotional and Physical Health
Applies to: Fully insured Commercial markets
As we learn more about the effects of mental health on our well-being, we recognize that our mental and physical health are equally important components of our overall health.
That’s why we want to make sure our members have information and resources to support their mental health. There’s no better time than during Mental Health Awareness Month to welcome our members to visit our new site, dedicated to supporting their mental and emotional health.
Members can use the site to find treatment, take advantage of resources like self-checks and programs to help them get and stay healthy, and read articles about:
- Balancing their mental and physical health
- Recognizing the warning signs of depression
- Maintaining good mental health during pregnancy
- And more
Horizon Behavioral Health provides support and treatment
We’ll help members find trusted behavioral health care professionals and resources that fit their specific needs and goals, and who address their behavioral health, physical health and social needs in an integrated approach.
Members get the support they need, including:
- Help getting urgent and/or virtual care
- Understanding their behavioral health benefits to get the most from their plan
- Finding an in-network behavioral health professional or treatment facility
- Coordinating care with all treating doctors and health care professionals
- Getting the right follow-up care and support needed to maintain treatment
We’re here to help
Whether our members need help with day-to-day challenges or more serious health issues, we’re here to help. At Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ), we hope that by making mental health a part of our everyday conversations, our members will become as comfortable discussing mental and emotional health as they are discussing physical health.
We’re committed to supporting our members to achieve their best health — whether they feel great and want to stay that way or they’re coping with a difficult situation.