Introducing Horizon Level Select Plans
Applies to: Small and Mid-size Commercial Markets
Beginning with January 1, 2022 effective dates, your small employer (15 to 50 employees) and mid-size group (51 to 99 employees) customers can take advantage of new level-funding plans under the name Horizon Level Select. Your clients can choose from three plan options — OMNIA℠ Health Plans, Horizon Advantage EPO and Horizon Direct Access — that each include prescription coverage and wellness benefits. You can begin quoting Horizon Level Select plans on October 1, 2021.
With level-funding plans, employers:
- Receive a portion of excess funds as a refund
- Will benefit from a smoother cash flow than with traditional self-funded plans; a high-cost claim early in the plan year won’t impact their business
- Save by avoiding certain state health coverage mandates and reductions in state premium taxes
Horizon Level Select plans — what you need to know
Our small and mid-size group Horizon Level Select plans will complement our existing plan portfolio by offering different levels of benefits, coverage and price points, including:
- Built-in protection with stop-loss coverage. Horizon Level Select plans include individual and aggregate stop-loss protection to provide peace of mind and protect your group customers from unforeseen costs.
- Cost-saving opportunities. If claims are lower than expected, groups will receive 50 percent reimbursement of the surplus — so a healthier employee population means potential cost savings.
- Healthier employees. Built-in wellness tools and end-of-year reporting to help your group customers focus on their wellness efforts.
- BlueCard® coverage. When your group customers choose a plan that has BlueCard nationwide coverage, they get in-network out-of-state coverage at a competitive price.
- Health Savings Account (HSA). With an HSA as part of a high-deductible health plan, covered members enjoy pretax savings they can use to pay for qualified medical expenses.
BlueCard® is a registered mark of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.