Improving Member Access to Information
Horizon BCBSNJ members now can hear patient responsibility information from our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
Members can use the IVR to1:
- Get the details of finalized claims, including the:
- Date service began
- Date the claim was received by Horizon BCBSNJ
- Amount, date and to whom Horizon BCBSNJ paid, if applicable
- Total amount the patient owes (patient’s responsibility)
- Member’s copayment, coinsurance and deductible amounts, if applicable
- Amount not covered by the member’s health plan
- Verify enrollment
- Request a duplicate member ID card
- Request a duplicate Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement
- Get benefits information
- And more
Secure online tools1
Members can also sign in to Member Online Services at HorizonBlue.com to:
- Check the status of claims, including how much was paid and how much the member may owe, if applicable
- Check eligibility and benefits
- Print a new member ID card
- Find an in-network doctor or hospital
- Email their question or Chat with a Member Services Representative
The IVR and Member Online Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, generally including weekends and holidays. Members can always select to speak with a Member Services Representative during regular business hours.
1 Some options may not be available to all members.