Horizon BCBSNJ announces enhancements for Horizon MyWay® plans in 2019
October 28, 2018
Applies to:Consumer-Directed Healthcare (CDH) plans in all commercial markets
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is pleased to announce enhancements that will simplify and improve the account management and member experience for our Horizon MyWay Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
Starting on January 1, 2019, Horizon MyWay members will have access to:
- An integrated online portal and mobile app that supports easy access from any device, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, delivering a seamless, user-friendly experience
- A designated customer service center with representatives trained to provide personalized assistance on our Horizon MyWay products
To transition our members to our enhanced services and platform, there will be a blackout period from December 15, through December 31, 2018, during which contributions and payments will be temporarily suspended.
Throughout October, letters have been mailed to notify members of the change. The letters provided information on:
- The account administration transition and any actions members may need to take;
- The blackout period and what it entails; and
- The new debit cards they will be receiving, if appropriate for their account.
A helpful FAQ was included in the original Broker Brief on this topic, and is posted here.