Horizon BCBSNJ 2018 Medicare Advantage Offerings
January 3, 2018
Applies to: Employer groups with five or more employees
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is once again offering Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug plan options to small employer groups with five or more Medicare-eligible employees. Effective January 1, 2018, these plans include:
- For groups with members residing in New Jersey (click either to view brochure):
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group with Prescription Plan (HMO-POS)
- For groups with members residing anywhere in the United States, including New Jersey (click any to view brochure):
- Horizon Medicare Blue Group (PPO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Group with Prescription Plan (PPO)
- Stand-alone Part D Prescription Drug plan
Under Medicare primary guidelines (TEFRA/DEFRA), the following groups are eligible to purchase the plans:
- Groups with fewer than 20 employees,with at least five Medicare-eligible beneficiaries and/or eligible dependents; members may be retired or actively working
- Groups with 20 or more employees, with at least five Medicare-eligible beneficiaries and/or eligible dependents; members must be fully retired
2018 Commission Schedule and Other Important Information
Horizon BCBSNJ’s 2018 commission schedule is attached.
Initial sales commissions are earned one month after the applicant’s initial effective date of the policy.
All renewals occur on January 1, regardless of the policy’s original effective date.
No formal testing or certification is required for brokers to sell Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare Advantage plans to groups.