$0 Premium Options, New Benefits and a New Low-Cost Plan – All available in Horizon BCBSNJ’s 2019 Medicare Product Portfolio
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey’s 2019 Medicare product portfolio offers a range of plans featuring a number of competitive advantages, including a $0 premium Medicare Advantage plan offered in 12 New Jersey counties. Horizon BCBSNJ is also the only health insurer to offer Medicare products in all 21 New Jersey counties.
New for 2019, Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare plans include benefits such as:
- Doctors by Phone, Video or Chat: Members can talk with a US board-certified licensed medical doctor, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via phone, video or online chat with Horizon CareOnline℠ .
- Expanded Fitness Benefit: Members get up to $200 annually toward a gym membership or yoga studio membership.
- Up to $200 in annual Flex Benefit Reimbursement for weight loss programs, acupuncture, nutritional therapy and an activity tracker.
Members with Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO SNP) – which will now be available in all 21 New Jersey counties – also get:
- An increased benefit of up to a $980 credit annually ($245 per quarter) to purchase personal health care items from the Health Products Benefit catalog.
- An additional $1,000 annually with an Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefit Card to be used toward the purchase of eligible OTC items at participating retailers.
- A no-cost fitness program that includes access to more than 8,000 participating fitness centers.
Especially for Union County residents, the new Horizon Medicare Blue Select (HMO-POS) plan features a low monthly premium of $29, offering both in- and out-of-network benefits and many $0 benefits, including:
- $0 in-network medical deductible
- $0 prescription drug deductible
- $0 primary doctor copayment
- $0 copayment for doctors by phone, video or online chat
Get all the details
For a full listing of Horizon BCBSNJ’s 2019 Medicare product offerings, view our September 26, 2018 Brief Notes.
Detailed plan information is available in our 2019 Medicare Guidebook. The Guidebook is available through your general agent or by contacting the Horizon BCBSNJ representative listed below.
Are you certified to sell these Medicare products?
The 2019 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs from October 15, 2018 to December 7, 2018. Horizon BCBSNJ certification and recertification of brokers to sell our 2019 Medicare Advantage, PDP, SNP and Medicare Supplement plans is currently underway. Please contact your Horizon BCBSNJ general agent for further details.
If you do not have a Horizon BCBSNJ general agent and would like to sell Horizon BCBSNJ Medicare products and/or receive our 2019 Medicare Guidebook, please contact:
Sr. Sales Manager, Medicare
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
If you have questions, please contact your Horizon BCBSNJ sales executive, account manager or general agent.